I am an Assistant Professor in the School of Informatics at the University of Edinburgh. My research interests broadly lie in cyber-physical systems (e.g., mobile robots and mixed reality devices) with the goal to drastically improve their reliability, intelligence and security in the wild. These works are motivated by the urgent need of robust localization and spatial perception solutions for mobile robotics and wearables to deal with i. sensing degradation (e.g., bad weather & poor illumination), ii. resource constraints (e.g., payloads, compute & energy budgets) and iii. malicious faults (e.g., adversarial attacks). A representative line of research I have been recently focusing on is 4D Automotive Radar-enabled Mobile Autonomy.
Before coming to Edinburgh, I did both my PhD study and post-doctoral in the Department of Computer Science, University of Oxford. Even earlier, I received my M.Eng degree from Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
- T-ROGraph-Based Thermal–Inertial SLAM With Probabilistic Neural NetworksIEEE Transactions on Robotics 2022
- ICRA’22AutoPlace: Robust Place Recognition with Single-chip Automotive RadarIn International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA) 2022
- ICRA’22DC-Loc: Accurate Automotive Radar Based Metric Localization with Explicit Doppler CompensationIn International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA) 2022
- ICCV’21P2-Net: Joint Description and Detection of Local Features for Pixel and Point MatchingIn The IEEE/CVF International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV) 2021
- MobiSys’20See through smoke: robust indoor mapping with low-cost mmWave radarIn The 18th Annual International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications, and Services (MobiSys) 2020
- SenSys’20milliEgo: single-chip mmWave radar aided egomotion estimation via deep sensor fusionIn The 18th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys) 2020
- WWW’20Nowhere to Hide: Cross-modal Identity Leakage between Biometrics and DevicesIn The Web Conference (WWW) 2020
- MobiCom’18Simultaneous Localization and Mapping with Power Network Electromagnetic FieldIn The 24th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom) 2018
- AAAI’18IONet: Learning to Cure the Curse of Drift in Inertial OdometryIn The Thirty-Second AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) 2018