I am an Assistant Professor of Computer Science at University of Liverpool. Before that I did both my PhD study and post-doctoral research in the Department of Computer Science, University of Oxford, advised by Prof. Niki Trigoni and Prof. Andrew Markham. I also work closely with Prof. John A. Stankovic. My PhD study was generously funded by Google DeepMind. Prior to Oxford, I received my MEng degree in 2015 from Nanyang Technological University (NTU), advised by Prof. Lihua Xie.
- Cyber-Physical Systems / Internet of Things
- Mobile Robotics
- Augmented Reality / Mixed Reality
- Security and Privacy
- Applied Machine Learning
Broadly, my research interests revolve around the systems and modeling challenges when computers collect and reason about multi-modal data in the physical world. I look to design and implement intelligent systems that can reliably and securely work in the wild. Within this broad notion, my research primarily focuses on the cyber-physical systems and autonomous systems, improving utility in data-sharing environments and performance of data-driven models for these systems.
I argue for a holistic approach by leveraging tactics from wireless systems, machine learning, mobile robotics, usable security&privacy and design novel methods at the boundaries of these areas.
- April, 2020. Our research work on “Cross-modal ID leakage between device and user biometrics” (WWW’2020) receives tremendous attentions from high-impact public media outlets over the world. Check it out here.
- April, 2020. Honored to be selected as Young Researcher to attend the 8th Heidelberg Laureate Forum!
- March, 2020. One paper was accepted to MobiSys 2020. Code is available here.
- January, 2020. One paper was accepted to WWW 2020 (ORAL). Code is available here.
- January, 2020. Two papers were accepted to ICRA 2020. Code is available here.
- December, 2019. After several rounds of ethics review, we release the code and dataset of Snoopy attack on smartwatches, published at UbiComp’2018.
- November, 2019. One paper was accepted to AAAI 2020 (ORAL). Code is available here.
- October, 2019. Invited to serve as TPC for WWW’20.
- May, 2019. mID got best paper nominee at DCOSS 2019
- February, 2019. One paper was accepted to CVPR 2019.
- January, 2019. One paper was accepted to WWW 2019.
- July, 2018. One paper was accepted to MobiCom 2018.