NEW: I will be starting as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science at University of Liverpool since March 2020. Please drop me an email if you want to work with me on Autonomous Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) and/or Artificial Intelligence of Things (AIoT)!
From Feb. 2019, I am a post-doctoral fellow at University of Oxford, working on EPSRC Programme Grant Project “Mobile Robotics: Enabling a Pervasive Technology of the Future”, led by Prof. Paul Newman, Prof. Ingmar Posner, Prof. Marta Kwiatkowska and Prof. Niki Trigoni.
I obtained my PhD degree in Computer Science at Oxford University, advised by Prof. Niki Trigoni and Prof. Andrew Markham. My PhD study was generously funded by Google DeepMind. Prior to joining Oxford, I received my MEng degree in 2015 from Nanyang Technological University (NTU), advised by Prof. Lihua Xie.
Broadly, my research interests revolve around the systems and modeling challenges when computers collect and reason about multi-modal data in the physical world. I look to design and implement intelligent systems that can reliably and securely work in the wild. Within this broad notion, my research primarily focuses on the cyber-physical systems and autonomous systems, improving utility in data-sharing environments and performance of data-driven models for these systems.
I argue for a holistic approach by leveraging tactics from wireless systems, machine learning, mobile robotics, usable security&privacy and design novel methods at the boundaries of these areas.
- January, 2020. One paper was accepted to WWW 2020 (ORAL). Code is available here
- January, 2020. Two papers were accepted to ICRA 2020, with DeepTIO fast tracked to RAL.
- December, 2019. Release the source code and dataset of Snoopy attack on smartwatches.
- November, 2019. One paper was accepted to AAAI 2020 (ORAL). Code is available here.
- October, 2019. Invited to serve as TPC for WWW’20.
- May, 2019. mID got best paper nominee at DCOSS 2019
- February, 2019. One paper was accepted to CVPR 2019.
- January, 2019. One paper was accepted to WWW 2019.
- July, 2018. One paper was accepted to MobiCom 2018.