I am an Assistant Professor in the School of Informatics at the University of Edinburgh. My research interests broadly lie in cyber-physical systems (e.g., mobile robots and mixed reality devices) with the goal to drastically improve their reliability, intelligence and security in the wild. These works are motivated by the urgent need of robust localization and spatial perception solutions for mobile robotics and wearables to deal with i. sensing degradation (e.g., bad weather & poor illumination), ii. resource constraints (e.g., payloads, compute & energy budgets) and iii. malicious faults (e.g., adversarial attacks). Representative lines of research I have been recently focusing on are 4D Automotive Radar-enabled Mobile Autonomy and Sense Augmentation for First Responders.
Before coming to Edinburgh, I did both my PhD study and post-doctoral in the Department of Computer Science, University of Oxford. Even earlier, I received my M.Eng degree from Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
|Nov 21, 2023||My group has a 5-year PostDoc vacancy in the area of AI-enhanced workflows to join a recently launched Virtual Production R&D Lab funded by the UKRI. Please find the job description and apply [here] if you are interested. Application deadline 18th Dec. 2024.|
|Oct 1, 2022||Our embedded AI enabled firefighting helmet was covered by more than 20 top-tier hits across broadcast TV, radio, international newswires, including: BBC News, BBC Good Morning Scotland, Reuters, STV, Planet Radio, Sky News, Evening Standard Tech & Science Daily, Yahoo!, Scottish Daily Express, The Independent, Scottish Field, Scottish Daily Mail, Italy 24 News, Irish News, Engineering & Technology, Digit News, UoE News (FrontPage).|
- IoT-JCubeLearn: End-to-end Learning for Human Motion Recognition from Raw mmWave Radar SignalsIEEE Internet of Things Journal 2023
- CVPR’23Hidden Gems: 4D Radar Scene Flow Learning Using Cross-Modal SupervisionIn IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition 2023
- T-ROGraph-Based Thermal–Inertial SLAM With Probabilistic Neural NetworksIEEE Transactions on Robotics 2022
- ICRA’22AutoPlace: Robust Place Recognition with Single-chip Automotive RadarIn International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA) 2022
- MobiSys’20See through smoke: robust indoor mapping with low-cost mmWave radarIn The 18th Annual International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications, and Services (MobiSys) 2020
- SenSys’20milliEgo: single-chip mmWave radar aided egomotion estimation via deep sensor fusionIn The 18th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys) 2020
- MobiCom’18Simultaneous Localization and Mapping with Power Network Electromagnetic FieldIn The 24th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom) 2018
- AAAI’18IONet: Learning to Cure the Curse of Drift in Inertial OdometryIn The Thirty-Second AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) 2018