I am an Assistant Professor in the School of Informatics at the University of Edinburgh. Before that I did both my PhD study and post-doctoral research in the Department of Computer Science, University of Oxford, advised by Prof. Niki Trigoni and Prof. Andrew Markham. I also work closely with Prof. John A. Stankovic. My PhD study was generously funded by Google DeepMind. Prior to Oxford, I received my MEng degree in 2015 from Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
Broadly, my research interests revolve around the systems and modeling challenges when computers collect and reason about multi-modal data to interact with the physical environment. Within this broad notion, my research primarily focuses on the cyber-physical systems and autonomous systems, increasing their reliability, intelligence and security in the wild. I argue for a holistic approach by leveraging tactics from wireless systems, machine learning, mobile robotics, usable security&privacy and design novel methods at the boundaries of these areas.
More recently, my research is focused on Mobile Robotics and IoT Systems that are robust against challenging environments (e.g., visual degradation), malicious threats (e.g., adversarial attacks) and limited resources (e.g., drone platforms).
- October, 2021. One paper was accepted to T-RO. Code and dataset are available here.
- September, 2021. Papers were accepted to NDSS 2022 and TNNLS.
- July, 2021. Papers were accepted to ICRA 2021 and ICCV 2021. Stay tuned for code release.
- October, 2020. One paper was accepted to SenSys 2020. Code and dataset are available here.
- April, 2020. Our research work on “Cross-modal ID leakage between device and user biometrics” (WWW’2020) receives tremendous attentions from high-impact public media outlets over the world. Check it out here.
- April, 2020. Honored to be selected as Young Researcher to attend the 8th Heidelberg Laureate Forum!
- March, 2020. One paper was accepted to MobiSys 2020. Code is available here.
- January, 2020. One paper was accepted to WWW 2020 (ORAL). Code is available here.
- January, 2020. Two papers were accepted to ICRA 2020. Code is available here.